Villa Centa was originally a private home built in pure liberty style in the early 1900s, on a hill named Cavetto that rises behind the small Church of Santa Caterina, the patron of Varazze. Its unique position, dominating the Golf of Varazze and its architecture (large stained glass windows, spacious porches, a flat rooftop Varazze is surrounded by many tourist attractions and breathtaking landscapes.
Take advantage of your vacation at Villa Centa to visit at least one of these beautiful destinations:
- Aquarium of Genoa. It is the most beautiful aquarium in Italy and it is a unique experience for adults and children: The 70 pools allow you to get close to the exciting underwater world. Also, discover the beautiful harbor area with the museo del Mare (sea museum), Città dei bambini (the city for children), the panoramic elevator Bigo, the pirate sailboat and numerous typical restaurants and shops.
- Montecarlo. A place of worldliness and luxury one cannot miss. The visit to the Oceanography Museum and to the aquarium, to the Casino, to the traditional changing of the guards and to the harbor will guarantee a day filled with glamour and enjoyment.
- Caves of Toirano. The seventy natural caves of Toirano, with their fantastic and unique architecture show us how incredibly amazing nature can surprise us with its “special effects”. Important findings confirm that the caves have been inhabited already in prehistoric times.
- Water park “Le Caravelle” in Ceriale: Excellent opportunity to spend a day having fun in the only water park in Liguria and one of the best of Italy as far as organization, safety and innovation is concerned. In addition to the traditional water games, the park offers aquatic shows for young and old.
- Savona and the Priamar Fortress. The city closest to us stands out for its liveliness and its slow rhythm, far away from the typical chaos of big cities. Its arched streets are ideal for a visit on a rainy day. Its big market on Mondays (morning and afternoon) is an occasion to buy items at a low price. The impressive Priamar fortress is one of the most important monuments of the city. It was the Mazzini prison during the Savoy Reign and today it serves as a beautiful frame for important exhibitions and public performances.
- Shopping in Alassio. Another town famous for its “dolce vita”, Alassio has always competed with Varazze for its tourism. Its narrow passageways in the historical center are ideal for a day of shopping.
- Ceramics of Albisola and Villa Faraggiana. Albisola is one of the capitals for ceramics. You can visit artisanal and artistic laboratories in every street of the town and discover creations for every taste, from the classical light blue majolica to the boldest avant-garde pieces of art. In the past years, Albisola has hosted the most famous Italian and foreign artists. Villa Faraggiana is a splendid example of a private Villa from the 1700s, perfectly kept intact and surrounded by a beautiful park.
- Boat ride to Portofino, Cinque Terre and San Fruttuoso. This is an excellent opportunity to see Liguria from the sea and to visit some of the most fascinating locations. A day spent in close contact with the sea and the splendid sights of our region. San Fruttuoso can only be reached by boat.
The weekly markets are on the following days: Saturdays – Varazze, Mondays – Savona (the whole day), Tuesdays – Albisola Superiore, Wednesdays – Vado Ligure, Thursdays – Cogoleto, Fridays – Arenzano and Celle Ligure.
-Campo Ligure, home of the filigree craftsmen and their museum
-The Sanctuary of Madonna della Guardia of Genoa
-Sanremo, with the casino and Hanbury gardens
-Sassello, homeland of the famous macaroons
-Mount Beigua (1287 meters), with its park and its prehistoric museum in Alpicella.
-The principalities of Seborga and Triora, town of the witches.
-Beautiful villages with outer walls: Finalpia and Villanova d’Albenga.
Villa Centa is very close to Lungomare Europa. Only two hundred meters divide the hotel from this beautiful promenade, which is an entirely level path that winds around cliffs and the Mediterranean vegetation with breathtaking picturesque and natural views; this promenade connects the town of Varazze to its neighboring town Cogoleto.
Lungomare Europa, recently redone, offers an excellent opportunity for walking, biking, running or just having the kids play in a protected area, far away from the traffic and immersed in a truly fascinating natural environment.
In summer you can explore the hidden coves and the small empty beaches, perfect for who loves to enjoy the beach far away from the tourist crowd.
Underwater fishing and angling are very popular in this area, rich with cliffs and framed by pine trees, mimosas, oleanders, agaves and palm trees. For the romantics we suggest a visit at sunrise or at sunset, when one can enjoy the real colors and fragrances of Liguria. In short, this is an area in Varazze that one cannot miss.
The small chapel “Madonna della Guardia”, situated on top of the Monte Guasso behind Villa Centa, is a regular excursion for our guests. The breathtaking view from the top embraces the coast of Liguria from the Golf of Tigullio to the city of Savona. It is truly amazing and should not be missed.
www.varazzemeteolive.it (weather forecast and video camera on Varazze)
www.varazze.com (Varazze in a clic)
www.parcoavventura.it (Parco Avventura)
www.parcobeigua.it (Parco del Beigua)
www.inforiviera.it (Information about events in the Province of Savona)
www.acquario.ge.it (A fascinating visit to the most beautiful aquarium in Italy)
www.toiranogrotte.it (A unique visit to the caves)
www.lecaravelle.com (A fun day in a Water park)
www.varazzevirtuale.com (Virtual tour of Varazze)
www.italysquare.com (The website for tourism in Italy)
www.isnart.com/isnart/index.php (Introduction to tourism in Italy)
www.marinadivarazze.it (Varazze Marina)